CTouch Initialise Loop

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Lucky555, May 12, 2008.

1. Lucky555

Lucky555

I have a friend who has called me regarding his CTouch stuck on an initialise loop. The unit SC5000CT is approx 3 years old and has been working well to date. Over the weekend he was connecting to it to reprogram some of his C-Bus. On one occasion when he disconnected (using CT as PCI) the unit went to reset and is now stuck on an initialise loop where it gets to the end of the initialise (bar indicator full) then flashes backlight and starts again and again.

I recall this was happening a bit at one stage - I also vaguely recall Darren mentioning somewhere that it might be possible to catch the unit at a particular point - as in make a connection and reprogram the firmware ??

Has anyone had success bashing a constantly initialising touch screen back into shape ? or is it going to be necessary to send the unit back to the factory (big pain in the backside) ??

Lucky555, May 12, 2008
  2. Lucky555

Darren Senior Member

Darren, May 13, 2008
  3. Lucky555

Lucky555

Hello Darren,

Thanks for the reply. The chap did not have PICED even running. He was using Toolkit to change the operation of a button on an existing key input unit. He was connecting to the C-Touch and using it as a PCI.

Now that the unit is stuck on an initialise loop - for whatever reason is it possible to get a connection to it (catch it) and re-load firmware etc or will it be necessary to send it on a trip to SA ??? :(

Lucky555, May 13, 2008
  4. Lucky555

Darren Senior Member

OK. I didn't read your posting closely enough.

I have never heard of this happening. If he didn't make any changes to the C-Touch it shouldn't have changed its behaviour... :confused:

I assume he has tried disconnecting from C-Bus and reconnecting.

You could try to connect to the unit from PICED at various stages of the cycle and see if you can get control of it.

Other than that, it will need a trip to sunny SA. Sorry about that. We should be able to arrange a quick swap-over for you.

Darren, May 14, 2008
  5. Lucky555

Lucky555

My friend came over to my place yesterday, he is new to the world of C-Bus and playing with his own house. His description of what was happening at the time is a little confused but you are right about disconnecting and reconnecting.
    I managed to get a connection to it and started jumping up and down with glee as PICED reported it was progressing through the various stages of firmware and project programming, but alas, towards the end the transfer failed message appeared. Tried it a few times.

The unit in question is three years old so its about a year out of warranty. I understand a repair fee is pretty cheap compared to buying a new unit so its off on an adventure to sunny Adelaide.

Ta...

Lucky555, May 14, 2008
Ask a Question