CTouch Colour - 5000CTC2 Comms Issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by dmale89, May 17, 2020.

1. dmale89

dmale89

Hi Guys,

First time posting on here, so really appreciate your help in advance!
    I have a commercial client that has a CBUS installation that has been in place for about 10 years. The initial install was actually carried out by Schneider Electric Buildings.
    I have recently been experiencing some intermittent issues with lights not wanting to turn on and erratically turning off throughout the day.
    I have checked all system voltages, burdens etc and all seems to be ok. I have however noticed an intermittent issue with toolkit being able to identify the c-touch screen within the network. Sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't.
    I am leaning towards a faulty c-touch....an ideas??

Thanks again!

dmale89, May 17, 2020
  2. dmale89

Trevor

Hi There,
    Arbor Australia still do the repairs for the Colour Touch Screens, we originally designed and manufactured them for Clipsal. the fault you describe is due to the age of the unit and can be repaired.
    It will in time get worse as the internal capacitors dry out more. It could also have a flat cmos battery causing problems with date/time related operations like scenes. Fill out the attached RMA form and send it with the unit for repair. Any other queries contact me directly.

Best Regards and have a great day

Trevor Callaghan
    Workshop Manager

Arbor Australia Pty Ltd
    JEA Technologies

Eastern Business Centre
    Unit 36, 41-49 Norcal Road, Nunawading VIC 3131, Australia

Phone +61 3 8736 0328
    Mobile 0404 887 463
    Email Address’s
    [email protected]
    [email protected]