CTC Scene not working across bridge

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Duke D, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Duke D

Duke D

Have a remote customer with an issue on a CTC (PICED 4.8.1) which is setting scenes which contain group addresses on two networks. Project has only 2 networks with a single bridge.

Side note - Bridge for some reason is hooked up backwards. i.e. Network 253 is connected to network A and 254 is connected to network B. Otherwise the bridge is addressed correctly. The CTC is located on Network 253. All addresses/tags have been copied to both networks.

The problem is that scenes are turning on/off group addresses on both sides of the network bridge as they should, which can be confirmed by watching the lighting application in Toolkit. i.e. Status of GAs on both networks changes with the scene changes. However, outputs located on network 254 are not changing state.

I can watch the Event Log on network 253 and see all of the commands come across C-Bus. The event log in network 254 however, shows nothing.

The bridge is set up on both sides to send messages to adjacent network. so the scenario goes; you can hit an ALL ON scene and see all of the group addresses on both networks turn on, however only the outputs physically located on network 253 turn on. Outputs on 254 do nothing.

Similar scenes in a Mark II touch screen (also on Network 253) work fine across both networks.

I am completely stumped by this. Could this possibly be something in 4.8.1 or am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
    Duke D, Jun 21, 2010
  2. Duke D

Newman

It's possible you're experiencing this issue:
    http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6094

To test this, try making a very short scene, only 2 or 3 groups, and send it to the local network. If those same groups/loads turn on on the network on the far side of the bridge, but not for your original scenes, then it's the same issue as in the linked thread.

Regarding the bridge addressing, the unit addresses of the bridge halves need to be set to match the network address they're pointing to, not the network address they're connected to locally.

So, if my network bridge is connected between networks 254 and 253, then the unit address of the bridge on network 254 should be 253, because it's pointing to remote network 253. Likewise, the unit address of the bridge on the far network, i.e. network 253, should be 254, because that side of the bridge is connecting network 253 to network 254.

If your network bridge addresses are wrong, then any messages explicitly routed to a particular network will fail.

Newman, Jun 21, 2010
Ask a Question