CTC Backlight always on...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by leeandj, Apr 13, 2006.

1. leeandj

leeandj

I expected the backlight to go off after the timeout period, but it stays on all the time - I'm worried that this will damage the screen.

The project has a timeout page and time set to 300 seconds - the screen does revert to the timeout page .... do I have to do something else to make the light go off?

Thanks...

leeandj, Apr 13, 2006
  2. leeandj

JohnC

The answer is obvious...

... disconnect the power !

Only kidding - have a happy easter :)

JohnC, Apr 13, 2006
  3. leeandj

Darren Senior Member

You need to open the "utilities" form on the colour C-Touch and set the properties for the backlight control.

Darren, Apr 13, 2006
  4. leeandj

Basil

CTC time out light still on

I have this same problem, I have looked though the site and found this answer, but I still can not get the back light to switch off, it times out ok but the light stays on, is it due to the fact that I am not connected to C-bus network I have still got the CTC on the bench to program, I can open the utilitys box but when I go to properties it just showes Hardware and software properties.

Thanks

Basil, Sep 23, 2006
  5. leeandj

Richo

No sure, although it is designed and tested for operation whilst connected. It is entirely plausable that some fucntions may not work as expected if not connected, even if they seem unrelated to c-bus.

Richo, Sep 23, 2006
  6. leeandj

Dave Byron

I updated the firmware (2.2.2) in a B&W touch last night and the backlight says on all the time, have had a play with the threshold settings from max to min and still backlight stays on. Was not a problem with earlier version.

dave

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2006
    Dave Byron, Sep 23, 2006
  7. leeandj

Darren Senior Member

I assume you mean V2.22, supplied with PICED V3.8.

In V2.21, the ability to have the backlight on all the time was added. Due to a minor bug, a side effect of this was that if you wanted it to go off completely, it remained on very slightly. This was fixed in V2.22. See http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2740

The threshold setting does not control the backlight brightness. There is a separate control on the backlight page which controls the backlight current (brightness) when "off".

Darren, Sep 25, 2006
  8. leeandj

Dave Byron

Darren
    Your correct with the version number.

The threshold setting does not control the backlight brightness. There is a separate control on the backlight page which controls the backlight current (brightness) when "off".
    Never thought of that one (off level) thought it would be the on level
    so set to zero and works correctly.
    Must be the Irish in you to set brightnes when Off.

dave

Dave Byron, Sep 25, 2006
  9. leeandj

muppets

Is there any way to modify the Fall-Back Offset from logic? I would like to let the screen saver run for say 20 mins and then go to a offset of 100% and once there is activity again take the offset back to 30%.

Thanks in advance.

edit : Have since found out offset doesn't work as I thought however I cant force the unit to stay dim after timeout? are there any logic commands I can use with the screen saver?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
    muppets, Nov 11, 2007
Ask a Question