Crestron Interfacing Problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by mickoneav, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickoneav

mickoneav

I have recently installed a Cbus system in my own house it is a combination wired and wireless system no problem so far. The whole system is being controlled by Crestron touch screens via a 5500PC no problem so far.This is where the strange stuff starts to happen the wired half of my system works in the way intended lights turn on/off and ramp up/down but the wireless half has the problem. Lights turn on/off but there seems to be some thing strange with the ramp up/down. Upon pressing a ramp up/down button on my Crestron touch screen the lights do nothing until I release than the light will snap to a set level this is unlike the wired half of my system where the light immediately start to fade the fade rate is set to %100 to %0 over 5 seconds a nd viscera The other observation I have made is depending on the release time of the button depends on what level the light is set to ie if I hold for more than 5 sec the lights go to %100 or %0 if I hold for 2 sec the light are set too %40 give or take. Strange indeed The Crestron smp code is some thing I have used over 30 or 40 times on various jobs and has been refined and works well I believe there is an incompatibility in the 5800WCGA gateway.

More information

There is no group address the same on ether hardware or lighting loads on each side of the gateway

I have checked the CBus codes going out on the network via Cbus test tool and there is no problem

If any one can shed some light on this Quirky problem thanks in advance
    Mick Baker

mickoneav, Apr 20, 2006
  2. mickoneav

ashleigh Moderator

ashleigh, Apr 20, 2006
Ask a Question