Creating a wireless link between 2 wired networks

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by jboer, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jboer

jboer

Hi All,

I am trying to add 2 wired relay units to an existing install via a wireless link, but this is my first foray in to CBus wireless and I am a bit stuck.

I have my 2 wireless gateways and can not seem to get them to talk to each other.
    I have put both of the gateways onto their respective wired networks and have tried creating wireless networks on both sides and as well as just one and various combinations of pressing learn on the gateways and scanning the networks.

I am presuming I am missing something rather basic in making the 2 gateways learn each other?

If anyone has a few pointers it would be most appreciated!

Thanks, JB

jboer, Apr 27, 2012
  2. jboer

ashleigh Moderator

You need to make a common wireless "House code" so the 2 gateways will talk to each other.

There is a house code learn button on the bottom of each gateway to put it into house code learn mode. You then need another wireless unit (which you can later take away) to transmit a house code (the means of doing this is in the instructions).

EDIT: Wired networks don't have house codes, but C-Bus wireless networks do. That's because they need a means of being separate from each other in the event you have 2 wireless networks in the same physical space but you don't want them to chat with each other.

ashleigh, Apr 27, 2012
  3. jboer

jboer

Ah ok, Thanks for the quick response!

So would any wireless switch unit would work to do that? I might contact our Clipsal Rep and see if I can borrow one if that is the case.

jboer, Apr 27, 2012
  4. jboer

ashleigh Moderator

Any wireless switch or plug adaptor can do the job.

ashleigh, Apr 28, 2012
Ask a Question