Countdown to event "how many minutes left"

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by kibbitzer, May 16, 2009.

1. kibbitzer

kibbitzer

G'day All,
    I'm trying to display, in a CTC control (written to by a user defined System I/O variable), the AMOUNT of time, expressed in minutes and seconds (and optionally, hours) until sunrise, sunset or a particular time of day. At this satge, I only wish to have a maximum of 60 minutes maximum before the event (hours seem to be a lot more difficult).

global variables:
    intTime2event := integer
    strTime2event := string

Module:
    {*********** start of code **************}
    begin
    intTime2event := sunset - "01:00:00" - time; {one hour before the event: sunset}
    TimeToString(intTime2event, strTime2event);
    SetStringSystemIO("Time to Event", strTime2event);
    {Delay(60); in case I want to refresh the display once a minute}
    end;
    {*********** end of code **************}

This results in a 'time of day' displaying. The minutes count down correctly, but the 12H and AM are unwanted.

Is there a way to truncate/extract the string so that only the minutes and seconds portion of the string are written to the variable?

or...

Can I get around this by somehow initialising and starting a timer, set by schedule, at a particular time and displaying the results?... I know that timers only count UP... so I'm in the dark! (not very punny!)

Regards,

Peter.

kibbitzer, May 16, 2009
  2. kibbitzer

Dave Byron

Peter

Look up the copy command, you can extract bytes with starting position and length parms. i do this to get just hours and min

dave

TimeToString(time, Long_time);

if length(Long_time) = 10 then
    Copy(Short_time, Long_time, 1, 4)
    else
    Copy(Short_time, Long_time, 1, 5);
    end;

Dave Byron, May 17, 2009
Ask a Question