Corridor with 3x 5753peir linking timers

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Pie Boy, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Pie Boy

Pie Boy

Hi

I have 3x 5753 peril sensors, in a long hallway how can I make one global timer for all three sensors?
    Sensors all have the same group address

At the moment the situation is …
    once sensor a turns the group on then sensor b is triggered later and also turns the group on, but see no change as group all ready on, once sensor a timer expires and sends the off command
    Sensor b can’t turn the group back on until it’s own timer expires…

I feel like corridor linking is what I want, but unsure how to configure it…

Pie Boy, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Pie Boy

Ashley

This shouldn't happen as described. When sensor B is triggered it will send out an On command (even if the group is already on) which will cancel the timer in sensor A. Only one device can have a timer running on a given ga at any one time.

How are your sensors configured?

What may be happening is that when sensor A turns the light on, it puts sensor B on movement in light mode which may be set up differently.

I suggest you run the diagnostic utility. This will show you all the commands being issued and which unit is issuing them.

Ashley, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Pie Boy

Pie Boy

Will take a look with diag utility, maybe I am mistaken in my observation.

sensors are configured with 1x ga(same in all pir) to be triggered by any motion with timer set in each pir.
    it’s just for occupancy.

so the functionality/ normal operation I would expect to see is that the last pir to be trigger becomes the master (the one to send the off key on expiry)
    and this sensor when triggered sends the on command cancelling any other timers if running in any other pir

I will do a in depth testing tomorrow.

Pie Boy, Feb 1, 2023
Ask a Question