Correct unit for on/off of 13amp socket

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by phcjpp, Mar 5, 2010.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi,

Is there an obvious cbus unit if I want to automate a 13amp socket. The load will actually be light - a psu controlling a telescope mount - but I would like to be able to force it off in an emergency (its about hit the roof of the observatory etc) via CBUS.

I was thinking one of the relay units but I have only ever used them for low voltage (12v/48v) before.

Ta - and sorry for the basic question.

Chris

phcjpp, Mar 5, 2010
  2. phcjpp

Newman

Different countries have different rules for this kind of thing, but one that seems fairly universal is that any automated socket outlet needs to be capable of handling the load of whatever is expected to be connected to it. As such, it doesn't really matter that your telescope mount is a small load, you'll still need to be able to switch 13A.

I would buy a C-Bus Wireless Gateway and get yourself a C-Bus Wireless Plug Adaptor. I'm not sure of the exact catalogue numbers but I know that a plug adaptor for the UK socket outlet is available. It's rated at 13A.

You might need to contact the Schneider Electric sales staff in Hong Kong if you don't have any luck with those in the UK.

Newman, Mar 5, 2010
Ask a Question