Converting from C-Touch to PICED - any known issues?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JohnC, Mar 14, 2006.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi, I am leaving my current employer to move to a Clipsal company (not CIS, but pretty closely aligned). The problem is what to do with all my current C-Bus projects....

I have to formally "hand-over" a lot of projects to clients, and am currently creating CDs of documentation, project files, etc. These will be posted out to the clients, who can then choose whether to use our company or someone else for ongoing C-Bus maintainence.

A couple of the projects have B&W C-touches running Firmware 1.9 and have been programmed with the old software. I'd rather give the client a PICED file, so that any future programming is using a the most current software. But I don't want to go back to the sites and update the firmware.

If I simply import the old C-touch files into PICED then give the client the resultant *.CTD file (plus a copy of PICED), will there be any known problems?

My thoughts are that these clients will almost certainly be using an Integrator to do future revisions anyway. If they have a PICED file and try to edit the touchscreen with PICED, the software will detect the old firmware (providing they update via Serial, rather than C-Bus :eek: ) - and there should be a trained operator doing the programming anyway....

Is my thinking correct on this? Will there be any form of data loss, etc between the old *.xml programming and the new PICED file? Anything I should be careful with, or add in a warning ReadMe text file ?

Does anyone have any other recommendations of what to include on a "hand-over CD" for clients ?

Thanks very much, John

JohnC, Mar 14, 2006
  2. JohnC

Richo

I think hadnover should always be in what they are currently running. If they are running old software then the handover should be in the older software.

This is going to be the simplist for you and the most reliable for the client.

Richo, Mar 15, 2006
Ask a Question