Controlling Thermostat Using Multi-Sensor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Godwin Mathew, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Godwin Mathew

Godwin Mathew

Can anyone help me to control Clipsal Thermostat using MultiSensor,ie i need to schedule the temperature from 25degree to 22 degree if there is any occupancy in room...if there is no occupancy,the temperature should be 25degree...how is it possible..? is there any option to do this type of programming...?

Godwin Mathew, Feb 24, 2010
  2. Godwin Mathew

ashleigh Moderator

I think what you can do is to set up the thermostat so that it switches in and out of SETBACK mode.

(SETBACK uses a relaxed temperature tolerance - so you might set it to be 22 degrees but allow a setback relaxation of +/- 3 degrees - therefore anything in the range 19 to 25 is considered "OK" and the plant will not run).

Then you need to put a setback group in the thermostat (so setback can be turned on and off with by a group). I'm not sure of the exact details on how to do this but I remember that it can be done. PROBABLY an ENABLE GROUP (application 203).

Then set your multisensor up so that it turns the enable group on and off (set it so the primary application is 203).

Beware though: if the multisensor is used in something like a hotel room this could be bad. A sleeping person would not move enough for the sensor to think the room is occupied!

ashleigh, Feb 24, 2010
Ask a Question