Controlling multiple groups from a switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by tom82, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tom82

tom82

Hi,

New to CBUS here....my setup is below. This is a small pilot project before we extend the house and do the rest with CBUS. At the moment, only lighting and the heating is being controlled.

2 x 8 Ch dimmer unit
    1 x 4 Ch Relay unit
    A few DLTs and Sensors

Each room has roughly 4 dimmer channels (downlights, centre lights, cabinet lighting, etc).

I have successfully associated DLT buttons with single Groups (i.e. a given channel).

The problem is...
    I am trying to control multiple groups from a single button (e.g. have an "all OFF" button near the front door). The other application for this is to group particular channels together for a particular button.

I have worked out that I can put dimmer channels into the same group and then control these with a single button, but then if I wanted a different button to control a subset of the channels it breaks it.

I discovered a "block" feature but this appears to be local to a switch. For example, the hallway has 3 channels (series of pendants and downlights). I can associate a single button to control all 3, but then on a remote DLT I cannot seem to assign a button to control (say) 2 of those channels.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, hope to learn more here.

EDIT: I've just seen the 'similar threads' at the bottom of the page which describe similar issues and Logic is suggested as the solution. Is that the solution to my problem or is there an easier way?

Thanks.
    Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    tom82, Dec 4, 2011
  2. tom82

Don

Don, Dec 4, 2011
Ask a Question