Controlling Mitsubishi A/C by IR

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by airman1, May 23, 2010.

1. airman1

airman1

I have searched and read through the other related threads but still a little unsure of the following.

If I want to control 2 A/C in different rooms with IR will the following gear do the job.

C5034NIRT x 2 (I mounted next to each A/C wall unit with IR lead)
    5030URC x 1 (Controller programmed with IR codes)
    5031NIRL x 2 (I mounted in each room)

With the 5031NIRL what does the 4 channel function mean?
    Will the 5031NIRL receiver do the job to control multiple functions issued by a 5030URC? (Adjust temp setting, fan speed, on/off etc)

Can you use a colour touch to also issue commands to the NIRT to adjust A/C controls as well?

Any help of info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers ,
    Airman1

airman1, May 23, 2010
  2. airman1

NickD Moderator

I'm not sure what you need the 5031NIRL and the 5030URC for. I think perhaps you have misunderstood how it works, so here's a quick run down.

The 5034NIRT is an IR *transmitter*. It transmits IR codes (either from the built in library, or ones you have learned and stored in the library yourself, using the 5100RP Infrared Reader). The transmitter sends out the IR codes in response to trigger messages on C-Bus. You use the CIRCA software to select the codes you want, and the C-Bus messages you want to trigger them and download them to the 5034NIRT using the 5100HSCU programming cable.

The 5031NIRL is an IR *receiver*. It only works with codes from C-Bus remotes. You program the 5031NIRL with Toolkit, and set up the C-Bus groups you want to control using the remote.

It means it can control 4 C-Bus groups in response to 4 keys on a C-Bus remote. The newer versions actually support 8.

It could... up to 4* commands. (* or 8, depending on version).

Yes. Once your codes and triggers are set up in the 5034NIRT, you can use any C-Bus input device to send the messages that trigger them. The touchscreens are the ideal device to do this as you can design an nice intuitive interface... buttons on remotes or keypads are always difficult to remember what does what.

To complete the picture...

The 5030URC is a universal remote... it includes the C-Bus remote codes, so you can control a 5031NIRL (or any other IR capable C-Bus input unit, like a Neo, or a Multisensor). I don't know if it has any learning capabilities.

So, for just controlling your AC... you need the NIRT (and the programming cable to set it up, and possibly the 5100RP if your AC codes aren't already in the library), and something to send the C-Bus messages to trigger it. You *could* use the 5030URC to trigger a message from the 5031NIRL to trigger the IR code in the 5034NIRT, however this seems like a roundabout way of doing it (why wouldn't you just use the AC remote?).

Hope this helps... feel free to ask if you need any more clarification.

Nick

NickD, May 24, 2010
  3. airman1

airman1

Thanks Nick,

I have a clear picture of how it works now.

Cheers

airman1, May 24, 2010
Ask a Question