Controlling DLT screen and indicator brightness from a key?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by PGale, May 27, 2007.

1. PGale

PGale

I'm aware that you can control the DLT screen and indicator brightness from a group but can you setup a key on the DLT itself to control it's own brightness?

If I try and select a "level of group" and then apply that group to a key as well, the setting disappears from the "level of group" box. I presume that this is because the DLT can't issue the command to itself?

Oh, and maybe a more basic question that will help - where on the network are the group status/levels held - I presume in the units that refer to them?

Thanks,

Paul.

PGale, May 27, 2007
  2. PGale

Newman

If you want to control the indicator brightness of a DLT from the DLT itself then there is a way.

On the Indicators tab on the left hand side there's a box called "Screen and Indicator Brightness". Here there's 3 radio buttons to choose from. There's a fixed level, follow a group address and Level of First Block. This last option is the one you want, where the indicator brightness of the unit will follow whatever level block/key 1 is set to.

I suggest you create a group address called indicator brightness and assign it to Block 1 on the Blocks tab. Then assign whichever key you want to control the brightness to Block 1, using the same tab. Make sure that whichever key you use is configured as a Dimmer so that you can dim the brightness up and down.

Don't forget that if on the Key Press Activity section of the Indicators tab you're using the "Set Brightness to" option then that will override whatever you're doing with the indicator brightness key for the Activity Duration time period.

Newman, May 28, 2007
  3. PGale

PGale

Ah yes, of course - I was wondering what use that option would be :)

PGale, May 28, 2007
Ask a Question