Controlling a UK unvented heating system (advice requested)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by broadk, Jun 14, 2010.

1. broadk

broadk

Hi there,

I am hoping you might be able to provide some advice regarding the installation and programming of a c-bus enabled unvented heating system in the UK. I am currently only at the theoretical stage whilst I determine the required set of components required for installation. Some of the documentation is not as clear as I had hoped and hence some practical advice would be very much appreciated.

I am considering the installation of 2 x 5070THPPGWE (4 zone, no relays) as a master and slave for the control of 7 zones of underfloor heating plus a zone for the generation of hot water. I am intending to control the boiler, ufh pump, actuators and port valves etc via a series of 240v relays. Given each thermostat can use only utilise one temperature sensor can I presume it is feasible to set the temperature for each zone as relative to the temperature sensed on the unit itself? Or is it more typical to use single zone thermostats for finer grained control across multiple ufh zones?

My second question relates to the installation of an unvented based system (such as a Vaillant UNIstor for example). Given most modern cylinders provide a localised thermostat to enable override of the hot water schedule once a certain temperature has been reached has anyone utilised a successful strategy for reading the value of this thermostat? If so how? and what manufactuer of cylinder did you use? Would something as simple as a bus coupler work here?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer.
    kieran

broadk, Jun 14, 2010
Ask a Question