Controlling a sweep fan with a single (non-DLT) button

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by grw001, Mar 19, 2014.

1. grw001

grw001

Hi there

I am in the middle of a large C-bus install (which is going very well). I have five fans each controlled by the L5501RFCP sweep fan controller. I would like to control each one by a single button on a standard c-bus switch so that the first press of the button turns the fan on, then each subsequent press rotates through medium to high then back to off. I have read all the documentation I can find, and read through all the entries in the forum. There is plenty of discussion of controlling fans via touch panels and DLTs (I have some eDLTs on order too), and I see a few tantalizing mentions of how to do this with a single button but not much detail. I've also checked the help in Toolkit and can't find the details of how to do this either.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Glenn

grw001, Mar 19, 2014
  2. grw001

znelbok

have you looked at the help file?

znelbok, Mar 20, 2014
  3. grw001

Ashley

This depends upon what you mean by "Simple CBus Switch". If it is a scene capable switch (neo, saturn etc), just follow the instruction for the DLT but ignore the label part. i.e. Set up a trigger group with a single action selector (like 'fan speed 1'). Assign this to the trigger section of the fan controller. In the switch create a blank scene (usually 8) and set it to the same trigger group and action selector. Each press of the button will cycle though the speeds.

If your switches don't support scenes you will need a logic device where you can create the scene and write some logic to detect a switch press and trigger the scene.

Ashley, Mar 21, 2014
Ask a Question