controlling a homesafe panel via C-Bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dray, May 31, 2009.

1. dray

dray

Hi All,

I'm curious as to what you can tell a Homesafe panel to do via the C-Bus interface. The Homesafe c-bus programming guide doesn't mention being able to tell the panel do anything. Is there a way to arm this panel via C-Bus?

Can you tell the panel to close one of the voltage free relays with a door latch attached, so you could trigger a door strike release from an external system for example?

Cheers,
    Dray

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    dray, May 31, 2009
  2. dray

joshl

I know through piced there are special functions already for it, under security in the drop down menu there is arm, alarm and a few others.

joshl, May 31, 2009
  3. dray

NickD Moderator

As far as C-Bus controlling the panel... I'm pretty sure it's limited to arming and disarming.
    Arming is done by turning on a lighting group, and can therefore be done from any key unit. This setup in the panel is detailed on p5 of the document you linked to.

Disarming is (for obvious reasons) done in a slightly more secure way, which is only supported by higher end devices like the colour touchscreen (not sure about the black and white) and the Wiser.

In the other direction, you can program the panel to issue messages on a Lighting application, Trigger Control, or Enable Control, in response to various events (defined on p6). Take note of the warning on the first page regarding enabling messages triggered by unsealed zones when the panel is disarmed and the effect this will have on bus traffic and hence performance of your network.

Not that I'm aware of.

Nick

NickD, Jun 1, 2009
  4. dray

brett_lynn

" Disarming is (for obvious reasons) done in a slightly more secure way, which is only supported by higher end devices like the colour touchscreen (not sure about the black and white) and the Wiser. "

Hi All
    Black & White Mk2 Ctouch has perfect integration (including disarming etc) with a homesafe..

Have done 4 or 5 now (plus my own...)

Cheers :)

p.s Hey Nick.... it did happen......

brett_lynn, Jun 23, 2009
Ask a Question