Controling Pool Temp (COATES Heater)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Younes1981, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Younes1981

Younes1981

Hi all,

I'm in a middle of integration process and I have been asked to integrate the temperature control of a swiming pool to the system. the heater used is (COATES- 12kw@240V ,3 pahse 50 amps)no temp sensor is added but what if the client ask for monitoring the pool temp form the touch panel as well as controling the temp,can i add an external cool/heat sensor.
    so far the Client wants to enable and disable the heater from the touch panel, but i belive he will cahge his mind later so i'dlike to include in my offer temp monitoring.

can anyone tell me what do i need to have to provide a complete solution compatible with the above system.

Younes1981, Feb 16, 2011
  2. Younes1981

Aaron

Hello,

I've used a Temp sensor connected to a transmitter and brought the signal in as an analogue input (4-20mA) into a general input unit (GIU);

http://www.clipsal.co.uk/downloads/CCP5767/Clip InputUnits.pdf

I'm sure you can connect a temp sensor (PT100 or similar) directly to the GIU.

With a bit (lot!) of help from this forum and some logic magic I managed to get it to monitor my elec heated floor temp - works great.

You would have to switch a 3 phase contactor controlling your load though?

HTH, Aaron

Aaron, Feb 16, 2011
Ask a Question