Control of cbus variables through Wiser over network?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by poldim, Feb 5, 2014.

1. poldim

poldim

So here's an idea:
    I have a few spare phones that I would like to use as portable thermostats. My house has pretty poor insulation and this will not be addressed for another year or so. What I want is the ability for the phone to either set a temperature set point or simply turn the heat on or off. In my case, the heater is a single relay in my Clipsal thermostat.

So, is there a way to set Clipsal groups on or off via the LAN on a wiser without the flash gui? Similar to how the Android app does it...

poldim, Feb 5, 2014
  2. poldim

poldim

Anyone?

Can you send a message over the LAN to set cbus variables?

poldim, Feb 23, 2014
  3. poldim

Ashley

The Wiser network interface is undocumented so short of reverse engineering it there is no way to use it.

There are two ways to access CBus over a network:
    1/ Via a CNI
    2/ Via Wiser or Colour CTouch logic TCP/IP functions

I'm not sure how you were intending to broadcast the temperature from the phones, but if they were Android you could write a small app to connect to the Wiser via TCP and send it the temperature. Then a bit of logic in the Wiser can read from the TCP socket and do whatever you want with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    Ashley, Feb 23, 2014
Ask a Question