Control issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by FJD, Nov 14, 2017.

1. FJD

FJD

Hello All,
    I have a clipsal system in the US that all of the sudden is acting up after being in commission for 6 years. Lights randomly coming on and other phantom issues. I was at the job today and reloaded the program via the paca and it died on me. I luckily had a spare installed and loaded the program. I have checked over all of the devices and programming all seems fine as it was last visit in 2012. There is 5 panels in the job 67 units and a touch screen. There is three pages of logic several schedules and many scenes. Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

FJD

FJD, Nov 14, 2017
  2. FJD

NickD Moderator

Generally speaking, lights don't come on randomly without something sending a command, so trying to capture what is sending the command is good start.

If you have a colour touchscreen you can set it up to log to a file.

What other kinds of unit does the installation have? What model touchscreen is it? What is the logic doing?

Nick

NickD, Nov 15, 2017
  3. FJD

FJD

Thank you for the reply! I agree with the random lights. I have the logic set up to control motorized screens, drapes and scenes. All of which are giving me issues. They have all worked flawlessly for 6 years until the recent hurricane the owner was out of town and returned to these issues. The touch screen is BW mach II and is just set up with pages of control buttons no logic running. An example of the logic is in c bus I have a dining room MC group and the logic is set up to turn on a room scene when the button is on and off when off. This is the same for all room scenes. The motorized screens giving me issues are set up with a bell press button with logic sending the command to a SLC5512TRVFP relay with up and down wiring. There are 38 Saturn DLT keypads across two floors. below is a screenshot of some logic in the job. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

FJD

Attached Files:

FJD, Nov 15, 2017
  4. FJD

NickD Moderator

The B&W Mk2 doesn't have much in the way of logging, however it can be used as a PC Interface so you could leave a PC with the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility connected to log for a while.

When the lights come on, do they stay on or are they just flashing on briefly? Also, if they stay on, is the corresponding indicator on the dimmer module itself also on?

Nick

NickD, Nov 15, 2017
  5. FJD

FJD

The lights stay on until turned off. I am not sure about indicator I am going back to the job this morning and will check it out Thanks Nick!! It seems as somehow the logic is sending false commands to the modules.

FJD, Nov 16, 2017
  6. FJD

NickD Moderator

The other thing that's worth checking is the power failure recovery settings... if the power is flaky or if something in the system's power supply has been damaged after the hurricane (I could imagine all sorts of nasty things happening on the grid during and after that event), it might be that the power failure and recovery process is being intermittently triggered.

The output units themselves have a power failure/recovery setting, and it's also possible to set up input units and the touchscreen/PAC to have specific responses to this.

Nick

NickD, Nov 16, 2017
Ask a Question