Control heating without HVAC unit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geoffrhunter, Jun 30, 2018.

1. geoffrhunter

geoffrhunter

I have just installed a full C-Bus system in my new home. If there is a way I can use my eDLTs and 5104DTS temperature sensors to switch the UFH valves without using the HVAC Zone thermostats? Thanks

geoffrhunter, Jun 30, 2018
  2. geoffrhunter

geoffrhunter

geoffrhunter, Jun 30, 2018
  3. geoffrhunter

NickD Moderator

How are the valves controlled? Is there any other controller for the heating?

With a logic engine and enough code you could control the valves based on the temperature sensors, but it depends on electrically how they are controlled, where the temperature sensors are, and what other failsafes you need/want in the system.

Generally for some things like this it's easier/safer to let a purpose built system control it and then interface with that at a higher lever.

Nick

NickD, Jul 2, 2018
  4. geoffrhunter

geoffrhunter

Hi Nick
    I have a L5512RVF relay to switch the 5 UFH zone valves, 5 eDLTs and 2 5104DTSI sensors with 5 probes.
    I will have a Nest controller fitted in the main room to give overall control of the heating that will make it safe, I just wanted the bedrooms to be set at a lower temp using the C-BUS. I have sited the probes in a cage on the wall of each bedroom.
    I can see where the logic code is put in PICED but not in C-BUS Toolkit
    Thanks
    G

geoffrhunter, Jul 2, 2018
  5. geoffrhunter

NickD Moderator

The logic you need for this needs to run in one of the devices that offer either the logic engine (a PAC, a Wiser2, or a Black and White Touchscreen with logic), or the newer Lua logic in the SHAC or NAC.

Does your new install have any of these?

Nick

NickD, Jul 3, 2018
  6. geoffrhunter

geoffrhunter

I have a Wiser2 and can see the logic in PICED.

geoffrhunter, Jul 3, 2018
  7. geoffrhunter

geoffrhunter

Hi Nick
    Have been doing lots of homework. Simple logic code running on Wiser2 with correct results, temperature is displaying in PICED but when I try and use the integer "temp" in; once (GetIntSystemIO("temp") > 24) then to switch off heating it compiles but doesn't work. Am I comparing different numbers?
    Thanks

Geoff

geoffrhunter, Jul 16, 2018
  8. geoffrhunter

Ashley

What is setting 'temp'. This is a user io variable you have created. It has no value unless you set it. You say the temperature is displaying in PICED. Where? What you need to do is first set up the temperature values in the Measurement Application Manager' (which I assume you must have done or you wouldn't see them), then use the GetIntIBSystemIO function specifying "Measurement App Integer Value" and the appropriate network, deviceid and channel.
    Look in the logic help file under In-Built System io values/Measurement Application.

Also, if you have logic problems, please post the actual logic. Otherwise we are only guessing :)

Ashley, Jul 17, 2018
  9. geoffrhunter

geoffrhunter

Thanks Ashley
    Just pointing me to the appropriate logic help topic sorted me out!
    Works fine now.
    G

geoffrhunter, Jul 20, 2018
Ask a Question