Control Dali in learn mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sparky341, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Sparky341

Sparky341

Hi, I have just wired a large commercial installation and have some office/meeting rooms with Dali LED downlighting. As I we won't be programming for a few weeks I have put the all the other lights on a master switch via learn mode so the builder can control all the lights at the start and end of the day. However I am unsure if you can control the Dali lights through learn mode and I don't want to give the builder access to the circuit breakers to turn them on/off.

Anyone been able to learn mode Dali?

Thanks

Sparky341, Apr 18, 2013
  2. Sparky341

DarylMc

It seems the perfect temporary solution to leave the DALI bus disconnected and just let them turn on some breakers to fire up the DALI.
    Assuming your ballasts are programmed to do that.

But check your instructions and you may be able to operate the ballasts in a switch dim mode where the 2 control cables are connected to a switch rather than a DALI network if that is any help.

If it is just the DALI programming you are waiting on you could map a DALI A or B broadcast on the gateway.

I don't think you can do that in learn mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    DarylMc, Apr 18, 2013
  3. Sparky341

ashleigh Moderator

C-Bus Learn has nothing at all to do with DALI programming.

ashleigh, Apr 20, 2013
Ask a Question