Connecting to nac remotely and multiple networks

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by L Plater, Sep 2, 2019.

1. L Plater

L Plater

Hi All

Im a bit of a newby to the cbus world and installing a nac to an existing project, the 254 network is a backbone and then has multiple networks connected via bridges. Question is do i only need to load the 254 network file to the nac or do i need to load each individual network.

Q2: I can access nac and toolkit whilst on same network but can not access remotely, i have clearly missed a setting but unsure what to change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

L Plater, Sep 2, 2019
  2. L Plater

chromus

Can't answer the 1st part, but the 2nd part you will need to port forward requests in the sites router/firewall to the unit.

I'm about to have a client hand me his unit on Weds for me to setup for him, so I should be able to report back on which ports if you can't find them in the manual.

chromus, Sep 2, 2019
  3. L Plater

chromus

I quickly reskimmed the manual, at a glance it seems you probably only need port 80 and 22.

It is bad practice to make these public so I would recommend obfuscating them to something odd eg 9080 and 9022 then on the router direct those request to the init on 80 and 22

EG

WAN xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9080 -> NAC 192.168.xxx.xxx:80
    WAN xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9022 -> NAC 192.168.xxx.xxx:22

chromus, Sep 2, 2019
    L Plater likes this.
Ask a Question