Connecting to CNI via laptop

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fleetz, Aug 10, 2010.

1. fleetz

fleetz

I have a crossover cable connected to a CNI and will be how intially I need to program up this job.

I have configured the laptop TCP/IP port to 192.168.2.20 subnet 255.255.255.0 this subnet is forced by the PC. It is set to be in range of the CNI's IP. I believe that in this crossover configuration the subnet is not important

I have previuosly connect to the CNI fine via the network and the CBus IP Utility. I have configured the CNI to 192.168.2.101 and then was able to connect to TK fine.

Now when I use the crossover cable and the CBus IP Utility the Utiility sees the CNI it shows 192.168.2.101 as the IP and TCP port at 0. So in toolkit I changed the TCP port to 0 and confirmed the above address and it fails to connect.

The CNI via the CBus IP Utility won't let me set a subnet to match the laptops nor change the TCP port to other than 0. I keep getting "there has been an error" it bitches about not having a subnet address anything I throw in it bitches about not being a valid IP.

I can assume the crossover cable is OK and the CNI as I can connect via CBus IP Utility and via my network here. The ethernet connection LED is orange so it says all is well.

If I connect using two thru LAN and a hub it works fine. I can connect via TK.

I don't know what it is with me and crossover connections....they always seem a bugger to configure! :(

Regards,

Fleetz

PS I now can connect via TK using the hub as I previuosly stated, I just tried connecting using the C-BUS IP Utility and it can't find the CNI yet it connects to TK!! ??? I need a bex and a lay down!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    fleetz, Aug 10, 2010
Ask a Question