Connecting HomeSafe to C-Bus

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by BeoLinker, Aug 26, 2004.

1. BeoLinker

BeoLinker

Hi,

I am about to cable HomeSafe through to C-Bus using a 4 channel Bus Coupler and have a few similar questions.

I am assuming you take a TP from the HomeSafe PCB to the coupler; 1 cable to the ARM and the other to the AUX?

Am I correct in thinking that you basically get 2 toggles; 1 = the system is armed or not and 2 = the alarm has been tripped? Does the latter get called if the system is not armed?

Does anybody know a way of determining the zone that has been tripped? I expect this would entail 1 channel per zone?

If the above cannot be done then I have 2 channels on the coupler not being used; any suggestions how these can be used?

Thanks
    Greg...

BeoLinker, Aug 26, 2004
  2. BeoLinker

Rossco

You will need to put the coupler near the panel as it will not work over a long cable run.
    I suggest also using relays from the security panel to isolate the panel from c-bus.
    Userly the outputs are latched, EG.One when armmed odd when disarmmed.

As for the zone mimicing I am not sure.
    If you want a lot of feedback from a security system as zone mimicing it may pay to look at a Inner Range Concept 4000, it has a serial interface to C-BUS through a PCI and zone mimicing, and any other type of control can be done.

Rossco, Aug 28, 2004
Ask a Question