Comfort and Cbus integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ukdavros, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ukdavros

ukdavros

Hi
    Has anybody done this.
    Comfort is meant to be the best security system for this yet it doesnt seem possible to do.

I can use the counters in Comfort to control cbus, thats not a problem.

What I want to do is take it further and have the Comfort keypad on my Colour touch and be able to have graphic a display of my zone status.

It seems comfort requires the use of Application 01 and D0 to be available in cbus. However everybody seems to be saying that creating these applications is a bad idea.

So what is the story, can this be done and if so how as when I create these applications I still cant get it working.

If it cant be done how can comfort be the best system to integrate with cbus.

Thanks
    Mark

ukdavros, Jan 19, 2007
  2. ukdavros

ashleigh Moderator

You should not need to "create" these applications, the Comfort is just using them anyhow.

You need to get the relevant information from Comfort about exactly how those applications map into cbus controls used on the CTC, and then you are in business.

You don't need to do anything in Toolkit.

ashleigh, Jan 20, 2007
  3. ukdavros

tobex

Before alarm panels had C-bus modules the use of relays or open collectors to indicate zone status was universally the simplest method.

tobex, Jan 20, 2007
Ask a Question