Comfort and C-Bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by znelbok, Aug 5, 2017.

1. znelbok

znelbok

There is a thread here discussing the issues of the M1-C-bus interface and lack of response from Ness in regards to fixing it. The question was asked if there was an alternative panel that has C-Bus interaction that would be similar - no real answer was given.

Coincidentally, an old thread popped up the that talked about a C-bus to KNX gateway for the Comfort by Cytech (not Schneider Citect) which reminded me of this product and sent me searching through their site again.

This appears to be exactly what I am looking for in a replacement for the M1 but I would like to know if anyone here has any real experience with the system and can give some feedback.

it appears to be going strong with lots of options available, whereas Elk who are not struggling don't seem to be developing anywhere near as much as Cytech are.

znelbok, Aug 5, 2017
  2. znelbok

Ingo

I am using Comfort with Cbus and I've never looked back. Integration is great and if there are issues the developers are quick to address it.

Ingo

Ingo, Aug 6, 2017
  3. znelbok

znelbok

I saw your username over on the comfort forums and suspected that you were using it.

Do you have any experience with the M1 to be able to draw comparisons?

I just have to find how to get it in Australia now as its not directly available and apparently sold through Schneider Asia.

znelbok, Aug 6, 2017
  4. znelbok

Ingo

Unfortunately not.

I am sure you can speak to Cytech and buy from them directly if you have difficulty finding a distributor or reseller.

Ingo, Aug 7, 2017
  5. znelbok

Mike

Mike, Nov 11, 2017
  6. znelbok

Mike

I installed a Comfort security system a couple of years ago after my original "Clipsal" Home Minder system keypad failed and to replace it was next to impossible - or ridiculously expensive (or both!!). BTW, many on here will know exactly why I put Clipsal in inverted commas...... I cannot praise Comfort enough. I needed something that had a C-Bus interface, as my own home is fitted throughout with C-Bus lighting, and the combination of security and lighting control is, I believe, essential in being able to justify the expense of C-Bus in a residential environment. When the Minder failed, I looked at the M1 system, but despite having installed a number of Ness systems, I didn't feel that it met my requirements. I then 'discovered' the CyTech Comfort and I knew instinctively that it had everything I required - and everything the M1 system seemed to lack. Since installing it, I have had a couple of keypad problems (speaker failure) and Cytech have been brilliant. You just could not fault their customer service. It stands apart as an example of how it should be done! So, in short - go for it. You really will not be sorry. Great product; reasonable prices; brilliant service and support; and an ongoing development process that includes C-Bus as well as other automation interfaces. Oh, and very configurable and reasonably easy to program with an ethernet interface fitted and a laptop.

Mike, Nov 11, 2017
  7. znelbok

znelbok

Thanks for the feedback. I am still yet to go down this path as I'm sitting on the fence. The C-Bus side is just one aspect. I also need it to work with CQC, which the M1 already does. I know the Comfort will as well, but it means a lot of work for me to write the driver for it - something I don't really have time for, but I really want to give it a go.

This helps with the decision process in comforts favor - the response from comfort has been great as well, very keen to help.

Mick

znelbok, Nov 12, 2017
  8. znelbok

CaseyClements

Thanks.......

CaseyClements, Nov 21, 2017
  9. znelbok

ben addison

Hi

I have been using comfort with cbus for about 12 years now and never had a problem, its like they where made to work together.

ben addison, Nov 23, 2017
  10. znelbok

Seeyin

Comfort is good match with cbus so far I seen
    My house personally installed with both and runs well
    I sell lots of comfort n cbus into local projects too. Let me know if you need comfort system as I do have some stock
    Thanks

Seeyin, Nov 24, 2017
Ask a Question