Colour Touch V3

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Thomas, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Thomas

Thomas

Hi,

I just received the first V3 Colour Touch 50X0CTC3.
    Unfortunately the new power supply arrangement presents a massive problem, which I hope can be fixed.

As opposed to V2, where we had some 20m secondary cable, we now have 2m. As most installations here are running over months or years, this has obviously been taken into account, taking advantage of being able to mount the power supply remotely. This seems no longer possible.

As V3 is a "must" replacement of V2, I am now sitting with two instances where I am in deep trouble through this.

So my very first question is: Can I extend the secondary cable by at least 10m, if so, what is the cable cross section requirement?
    If not, what solution do you suggest where an installation was prepared for remote power supply mounting? We build brick and concrete houses here, so this is not something you can change too easily.

Just for interest sake, why was this change made, and then to such a severe extend?

Thomas, Mar 25, 2013
  2. Thomas

stargaze

the new power supply should be 24vdc and you can extend the cable to what length you want 1.5mm cable would be ok for 10m run
    as far as I was told at the last v8 Clipsal launch the power supply was changed to make it better to relocate and better operation or you can use your own

stargaze, Mar 25, 2013
  3. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Stargaze,

That is good news, thank you very much.:)

Thomas, Mar 25, 2013
Ask a Question