Colour Touch Screen Wiring Requirements

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by furlong, May 2, 2005.

1. furlong

furlong

I have seen previous posts on this subject but are there now confirmed details for wiring the Colour Touch?

I was concerned that the power supply appears to be a fixed wall wart type adaptor which is going to be a real pain to hide in solid block construction which accounts for the majority of properties here in Ireland. Can this be located remotely and extended or are we limited to the fixed length of the supplied cable?

Ta
    Mick

furlong, May 2, 2005
  2. furlong

ashleigh Moderator

It is a fixed cable length - which is quite long so you should be able to fit it into a ceiling or similar.

ashleigh, May 3, 2005
  3. furlong

furlong

Fitting in the ceiling is not really an option due to access if something fries.

High end properties over here tend to be solid block construction and often have a solid concrete slab for the first floor. Causes a few problems with access.

Only way I can see to do it is to have a conduit from the screen down the wall which runs to a blanking plate next to a mains socket, then cut a hole in the blanking plate run the cable through the conduit and power the screen.

Not really the best for high end installs as it leaves the power supply on display but at least you can access everything.

How about the rest of the cabling required, is there an installation document available?

Thanks
    Mick

furlong, May 3, 2005
Ask a Question