Colour Touch Screen socket Error # 10053

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by pgardiner, Aug 8, 2005.

1. pgardiner

pgardiner

All was going well now its driving me crazy!

Any reason why i should suddenly get this error, direct or via local net on my laptop or on my lan based pc.

Appart from sending the default project are there any other means of factory setting the unit? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2005
    pgardiner, Aug 8, 2005
  2. pgardiner

Nathan

Ive had this same error and it seems that if the touch screen cant get an Ip from a DHCP then it locks up for a while with a socket error. I had to restart my laptop and go to network settings on the touch screen enable DHCP again after reboot make sure the touch screen is not still sitting with the network window open on the screen (select ok) then I could do a transfer. This can happen whilst the touch screen is booting up and you do a second transfer. Can some one in the IT world explain why this is happening.

Nathan, Aug 8, 2005
  3. pgardiner

pgardiner

socket error

I'm using a static ip setup.

pgardiner, Aug 9, 2005
  4. pgardiner

Anton

This error often comes up if the project archive file you are sending is corrupt, the file for some reason isn't completely sent or if the connection is open when the unit resets.
    Can you give more information about what you are doing that causes this error?

Can you tell me what information is in the text window? There is a hidden button in the top left corner of the CTC to show and hide the text. Press this button when homegate is NOT running.
    To do this you can use the stop homegate button on the control page in the CTC Tranfer Utility.

Thanks.

Anton.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
    Anton, Aug 11, 2005
Ask a Question