Colour Touch Screen Project Transfer

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by aileen, Aug 3, 2009.

1. aileen

aileen

Hi,
    I would like some one to help me a problem that i am facing with one of my projects...It is a villa project that consists of 3 touch sreens in each floor.(basement ,ground and second floor)
    I have transferred the PICED project to 2 touchscreens(the basement and the second floor)
    But I am having problem with the touchscreen in the ground floor.I tried to transfer the project several times to that touchscreen but i cannot......
    each time i do it,they just tell to TRANSFER FIRMWARE..........

I transferred the firmware to that touchscreen several times and still i am not getting the option for transfer project.
    I tried transferrin using direct connect and wireless but still the same problem exists......
    If any one has a solution to my problem....pls do reply

Aileen

aileen, Aug 3, 2009
  2. aileen

Matty

Hi Aileen,

When you transfer the firmware to the unit do you see the units screen change to a message indicating that something is happening?
    Following on from this does it restart itself?

I can't really image why 1 unit wouldn't work while others have.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Aug 3, 2009
  3. aileen

aileen

Yes they do show a message on the screen thay 'UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS'
    and the screen restarts automatically after that.
    And this is wat is going on how much ever times i try to transfer the project....

aileen, Aug 3, 2009
  4. aileen

Matty

While this message is displayed do you see four lines of text at the bottom with tick marks appearing sequentially?

The transfer utility forces the touch screen to be updated to the latest version before allowing you to transfer our project. This is to prevent a project from being sent that requires updated features.

A few more questions:
    Were all 3 units brand new out of the box, or were either (especially this problem one) an existing unit?

Can you tell me what version of software is currently running on the troubled touch screen. This transfer utility should tell you this under the information tab, or the homegate log will display it when logging is enabled.

Does the troubled unit unit have a project of yours in it already?

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Aug 4, 2009
  5. aileen

aileen

ya thank u,
    I have seen the 4 text lines at the bottom of the unit and tick marks appearing besides them sequentially.
    Yes all the 3 units were brand new ones.The version running in the units are 4.6.0 0f PICED.
    I now transferred the project the unit by removing the network and cbus cables and only connecting the power supply and it ws successfull.
    Could u tell me what might be the problem?

aileen, Aug 5, 2009
  6. aileen

Matty

This means the touch screen actually did have the updated firmware but it was telling the transfer client that it had the wrong version number.

This is a caused by a third party component.
    I will endeavor to resolve this in upcoming releases.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Aug 6, 2009
Ask a Question