Colour Touch Screen Power and Fail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geoffcnc, Oct 21, 2013.

1. geoffcnc

geoffcnc

Our CTS stopped working and I discovered that the switch-mode power supply had gone up in smoke, quite badly. Clipsal kindly sent out a replacement PS, but the CTS only showed a blue light. Clipsal have subsequently evaluated and say we need a new CTS. I discovered this is the second one replaced in this house over 4 years, and we have the appropriate filters etc fitted so doubt it is an internal issue with power here.

Seems to me that the power supply failed and took out the screen. Search of forum threads indicates there are others who have experienced similar issues.
    Not sure I enjoy forking out for new CTS every few years.

Some forum posts suggest that on a blue light only event, to cycle the power a few times and make sure that the card is inserted properly. The card was never removed so I doubt this is the issue.:)

Would appreciate any comments.

geoffcnc, Oct 21, 2013
  2. geoffcnc

Memphix

I have seen this a few times also. It would be nice if there was a cost replacement plan for this.

Memphix, Oct 21, 2013
Ask a Question