Colour Touch screen First Impressions

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Nobes, May 15, 2005.

1. Nobes

Nobes

Well done CIS,
    Took a while but the screens are great.

Just recieved our first shipment of Colour touch screens on Friday. I had previously seen the demo versions but there is nothing like having a play with one yourself.

Once I got my head wrapped around the idea of downloading a project via ethernet I think it works really well (and fast!). Had a little play with a project I had previously done that the sceen will be installed for Monday. I like how you can see the names of the Schedules and scenes now unlike the old B&W. This is much better for the client, only thing I would say is that the descripter column needs to be wider by defalt. Trying to widen the columns is very difficult unless you have a small plastic pointer. Perhaps on the side of the screen behind the glass you could have a couple of clips and a 100mm plastic pointer to adjust things like that??? (on the side of course so you dont have to remove the glass).

Apart from that, all looks good. Going to install three tomorrow. :D Let you know if there are any prob's.

Chris.

Nobes, May 15, 2005
  2. Nobes

ashleigh Moderator

A happy customer is a very nice thing to have.

Your words will be passed on to all in CIS who have made it happen.

ashleigh, May 15, 2005
  3. Nobes

Nobes

Head Nodding

All went well. General head nodding from those the slightest bit interested. The working angle and distance for the remote got some good comments (first thing they try!).

Noticed the packaging shows ferrite filters that are supposed to come with the screens but the couple I opened today didn't come with them? whats the deal there?

Also the first time a project loads up on a empty unit, if you press 'ok' on the networking window it will re-boot(presume it shouldn't) but from then on in, it doesn't. Has anyone noticed this. I did notice that the networking window does go away after a while, not sure if I had waited the first time around wether it would of re-booted. Both screens I installed today did that. There is quite a delay when the networking window comes up until the screen will aknowledge touches, perhaps a hour glass feature save confusion? Not that the screen will re-start very often I guess.

Chris.

Nobes, May 16, 2005
  4. Nobes

ashleigh Moderator

The delay before touch acknowledge after start-up is due to the time it takes for the software driver to be loaded.

Unfortunately thats all in the hands of Microsoft, there is not much to be done to make the operating system load its drivers faster.

ashleigh, May 18, 2005
  5. Nobes

theboyg

Pics

Anyone got any decent pictures of the colour screen yet ?

G.

theboyg, May 20, 2005
  6. Nobes

MichaelCarey

ooops, a quick search found me the answer....Please disregard!!!

What software are you using to commission the Colour touch screen?

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2005
    MichaelCarey, May 20, 2005
  7. Nobes

PSC

The plastic mounting clips on the back of the surrounds make it difficult to re-attach once removed. I think this is a poor design / solution.

The glue used to stick these plastic mounting clips to the surrounds seem to have issues. We have already had to replace two surrounds & the replacements seem to be doing exactly the same thing - slipping.

When will this be resolved?

PSC, May 20, 2005
  8. Nobes

chablis97

Programmed using PICED Software. This is short for Programming Interface for C-Bus Embedded Devices. It is now used to program B & W Touch Screens, Colour Touch Screens, it will be used to program the new Pascal Automation Controller (aka PAC and Logic Engine) when released, and 'other' future C-Bus devices.

chablis97, May 21, 2005
Ask a Question