colour touch learning group levels on start up

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JasonCox, Sep 14, 2005.

1. JasonCox

JasonCox

I have a project with colour two touchscreens sharing schedule times. These times are stored as C-BUS groups so that they can be shared between each other.

The whole thing works fine but when you re-start one of the touchscreens, I can't get it to grab the C-BUS levels and store them onto the touchscreen.

What heppens is the touchscreen just assumes that ALL of the C-BUS groups associated with the schedule times are OFF (0%).

This is bad because it will then update the other touchscreen with the times all at 12:00 AM, changing all them.

The problem would be solved if I could get the colour touchscreen to probe the network to find the C-BUS levels. How is that done?

I know the touchscreen finds the STATE of the groups on start-up, but I need it to know the LEVELS... :confused:

I have tried time delays and all, but still no good.

p.s. these groups exist on a new application (lighting app. 57) and they only exist on the colour touch screens...

help please :)

JasonCox, Sep 14, 2005
  2. JasonCox

Darren Senior Member

As we discussed previously, this is a highly undesirable thing to do, but at the moment is the only way of making it work. The preferred solution is to just have one Touch Screen running the Schedules and edit them on that unit. Trying to edit Schedule times from a remote unit is, as you have found, difficult.

The problem is that the levels aren't stored anywhere, so there is nowhere to "grab" them from.

The best solution for your case would be to use the Load Monitor feature to save the level of the selected Group Addresses to disk when they change. These values will be restored following a power failure.

Darren, Sep 15, 2005
Ask a Question