Colour TC is freezing

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by 2SC, Feb 19, 2009.

1. 2SC

2SC

Hi all,
    In a project of 76 modules there are plenty of shutter and window screens. Since there were not available at this time shutter relays, we used L5512 relays modules.

The system is not fully commissioned yet, but all worked fine since the shutter installer for 3 second delay between Up and Down movement.

We used the CTC only for this job at this time. However the CTC needs for reset almost every night. We changed CTC but the new do the same thing. I am thinking to install a small UPS only for the CTC.

On the other hand, can you please check the code?

http://rapidshare.com/files/199916712/For_forum.zip.html

Thanks in advance,

Antonis

2SC, Feb 19, 2009
  2. 2SC

mattyb

Hi Antonis

I notice you are using the Delay procedure, which will actually stop the module from running for the delay time you specify.

As you seem to have all your shutter/window control in one module, I think controlling one shutter will basically lock out controlling any other shutter for the 3-second period.

Is it that you have to reset the screen because it's "locked up" or does it reset itself?

I'm guessing that the Delay procedure you're using could give the impression the screen is slow or frozen?

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Feb 19, 2009
  3. 2SC

2SC

Have a look please...

Very weird thinks are happening...

With the new CTC, we add a page for one external light (remember that the system is not fully commissioned yet).

They phoned us that until 23:59 every day everything is working fine. When the time passes 00:00 the CTC does not respond for the shutters control. However, the light control on the new page is still working :confused:

If they reset the CTC, the shutter control comes back again...

2SC, Feb 21, 2009
  4. 2SC

Matty

Hi 2SC,

I had a brief look at your program and I have a few suggestions that might help.

The first is your use of the logic function "time". This will return a value between 0 - 86399 representing the number of seconds from midnight to 11:59:59pm. This will reset to 0 at midnight each night. If you are looking for an ever increasing number perhaps try the logic function "runtime". This will return the value in seconds that the logic engine has been running. This has a range of around 62 years so you don't need to worry about it rolling over.

The second suggestion I have is the use of "delay()" in your main module. When a delay is executed the whole module will freeze for the delay time. This will cause a slow response when any scene is set and another "Virtual" group changes. The next scene won't get set until the first is finished. I would suggest putting each 'once xxxxx then...begin...end' block in its own module.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Feb 23, 2009
Ask a Question