Colour Ctouch models and compact flash

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by BradJ, Jun 19, 2012.

1. BradJ

BradJ

Hi,

I just bought a second hand color ctouch. I haven't tried to program it yet.

1. Are there different models with different capabilities? If so, how can I determine which model I have?

2. There is no compact flash card installed. Does it need one and if so where can I get one?

3. There is no rear protective plastic backplate. Can I order this as a spare part?

Thanks,
    Brad.

BradJ, Jun 19, 2012
  2. BradJ

Newman

From your description, it sounds like you've bought a bag of someone's left-overs and not a working product!

The primary difference is that early ones use a 4-pin power supply connector and later ones use a 7-pin. The power supplies are not interchangeable. The features and functions are practically identical although later onese use a slightly faster processor.

This is pretty fundamental as the entire operating system (Windows XP Embedded) including the windows licence are all stored on the CF card. Without the card it will not even boot as there is no OS. If there's no card then you don't have a valid operating system licence and this is something that I think you'll find Clpsal highly unlikely to hand out for free.

No, it is not available as a spare. For repair of this kind of thing Clipsal would ask for the unit to be sent to Clipsal for repair and they would quote on repairing the unit, or simply say that it is beyond economic repair.

Newman, Jun 19, 2012
  3. BradJ

tobex

You would have thought that the operating system permit was attached to the build unit. In other words, the motherboard has the right to operate the OS and not the hard drive (its storage media).

Purchasing another CF card should sort out the problem.

tobex, Jun 20, 2012
  4. BradJ

BradJ

Fortunately it did come with a power supply.

It also has the embedded XP sticker on it so there shouldn't be a license issue.
    So it won't work without the XP image on compact flash.
    Who should I contact regarding obtaining this?

Brad.

BradJ, Jun 20, 2012
  5. BradJ

Darren Senior Member

If you haven't already done so, you should try to get it from the person you bought the unit from.

Otherwise, contact CIS Tech Support and see if they will send you one.

Darren, Jun 20, 2012
  6. BradJ

Nathb151

Sorry to dig up and old thread how did you go with CIS
    i have an old ctc and i think the existing compact flash card is faulty as it looks burnt out see attached pics

Wondering if i can get a replacement

Cheers

Nath

Attached Files:

Nathb151, Jan 21, 2015
  7. BradJ

jboer

Hey Nath,

If you havent already, I would call tech Support and see if they will send you a new one. They should be able too. If not, there are other options but you need to check with TS first.

jboer, Feb 3, 2016
Ask a Question