Colour CTouch and Comfort

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by theboyg, Dec 10, 2005.

1. theboyg

theboyg

OK, I have a few questions regards on replacing a DLT and a Comfort Kepypad with a single Colour CTouch.

Will this work ?

I see the CTouch emulates a Comfort keypad (is this out of the box ?) - but does it also bring the keypad audio via the CTouch ? Or does this require some UCM fudging ?

Also, if I have a Colour CTouch, does this mean I do not need to buy an additional PAC unit to do programming as I could store all programming into the CTouch ?

Any other caveats on replacing the DLT and Keypad with a CTouch im missing ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2005
    theboyg, Dec 10, 2005
  2. theboyg

slychiu

Colour Ctouch with Comfort

CTouch can emulate a Comfort keypad using the security application, but only the KT01, which is the Comfort version of the C-Touch (without colour) will have keypad audio. This has a built-in UCM and voltage regulator/convertor which allows Comfort to supply voltage to the touchscreen so that if the power goes out, the KT01 still works on Comfort's backup battery. This is essential if it is used as a keypad for a security system

Chiu

slychiu, Dec 11, 2005
  3. theboyg

theboyg

Facts ?

So, what we're saying is :

If I want a Colour touchscreen to work with Comfort (as the main screen/keypad), there isn't one - it doesnt exist.

Seems a bit daft !

theboyg, Dec 11, 2005
  4. theboyg

Darren Senior Member

We will be working on adding the security application to the colour C-Touch early next year.

Darren, Dec 11, 2005
  5. theboyg

theboyg

Oh well

I'll have to make my own then :)

G.

theboyg, Dec 12, 2005
Ask a Question