Colour C Touch daylight saving

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by RogerB, Nov 16, 2011.

1. RogerB

RogerB

I have slightly different daylight saving issues to Dave.

Piced - daylight savings all seems OK. We are in daylight saving now. Computer clock & Piced are the same. But Colour C Touch is not.

When I do transfer the project to the C Touch, and update C Touch - then it's time is set to an hour earlier than it should.

But wait there's more. I transferred a project to the C Touch today. Checkbox to set C Touch colour to PC Time was checked (and C Touch time was I think correct - but have had major problems with getting projects to download to the C Touch)
    At about 5:00pm the C Touch time was definitely out - I checked because something had not run that I expected to run.
    I have just run the transfer utility to check my post before actually posting with only the set time option enabled - and C Touch now shows correct time (this is less than 3 hours after I know for certain that C Touch time was wrong).

To be honest I really do not know what is going on - but the daylight time setting does not seem reliable?? Treat it as feedback only at this stage. If I can determine more, then I will advise

Many thanks
    Roger

BTW Transfer to C Touch seems to have become vastly better. Have no idea why. I will post this in my other post!

RogerB, Nov 16, 2011
  2. RogerB

Darren Senior Member

If you have odd things happening with the time, I would suggest the following:
    1. On your Colour C-Touch enable logging options:
    - "Log to File"
    - "Date & Time Application"
    - "Show Info Messages"
    - "Show Event Time"
    2. Wait until you see something odd happen
    3. Transfer the log to your computer and have a look to see whether there are any messages related to Colour C-Touch receiving a date/time message which seems to be in error. You should be able to see which unit sent the message.

If you can't work out what is going on from the log, post an extract here with details of what you noticed and when.

Darren, Nov 16, 2011
  3. RogerB

NickD Moderator

In addition... a list of all the different types of devices on your C-Bus network can help, for example do you have:

C-Bus Touchscreens (what type, how many)
    Wiser
    Homegate/Schedule+ PCs
    MRA/Telephone Interface/Homesafe
    3rd party alarm panels

Nick

NickD, Nov 16, 2011
  4. RogerB

RogerB

This is still happening - so I need to do more!

I'm not sure what to log - I would appreciate advice on this please.

It seems that if I transfer the project and have the checkbox to set the C Touch colour to PC Time checked - then the time set is wrong.

If I do not transfer the project, but do have the checkbox set to set the C Touch to PC time - then the time is updated correctly on the C Touch

And thanks to Nick - I do have a Ness M1 panel. And the C Touch time seems to be setting to the M1 time. So the cause may well be here - but as above, the transfer utility is not setting the time correctly when I transfer a project update, so the time on the C Touch is wrong every time I do an update. (Yes I know that now, so will change the M1 time - but the M1 time is not important or useful to me other than this!!)

Roger

RogerB, Nov 22, 2011
  5. RogerB

Darren Senior Member

Details of what to log are given above. Is there more you need to know?

When the time is wrong, is it wrong by a particular amount (like exactly one hour early or late)?

Darren, Nov 22, 2011
Ask a Question