Color C-Touch Auto reset

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by wanricky, Oct 18, 2007.

1. wanricky

wanricky

I remeber the Color C-touch would re-start itself regularly to avoid hang up. How often it is? Is there any way to edit that? One of my clients' new color C-touch hang up last week and I wonder what we can do to avoid that in future.

wanricky, Oct 18, 2007
  2. wanricky

Darren Senior Member

You can create a schedule to reset the touch screen on a regular basis. The problem that originally caused the colour touch screen to stop working was resolved years ago, so this scheduled reset is no longer essential.

You haven't said what you mean by "hang up". It means very different things to different people, so it is hard to know that the cause of the problem may be.

Darren, Oct 23, 2007
  3. wanricky

wanricky

Thanks for your reply, Darren! (I don't get replys to my question usually. Maybe people doesn't understand my questions :), Thanks a lot anyway.)

In that case of "Hang Up", the touch screen was showing the front page, having "beeps" when we touched the screen. But the program didn't response, so it didn't do anything nor changing pages. it seemed the touch screen was functioning but the program stopped responding. Reset the C-touch with the reset button fixed that. It was "hang up" for a day before I went there to reset it.

wanricky, Oct 24, 2007
  4. wanricky

Darren Senior Member

I don't recall anyone having reported symptoms exactly like that before. In the past if the Colour C-Touch has stopped responding, there is generally some sort of error message.

If this happens again, it may be worthwhile switching on logging in the Colour C-Touch and see whether any useful information gets written to the log when this problem occurs.

Darren, Oct 24, 2007
  5. wanricky

cramer

Beeps but no response

Just a thought.

Is it possible the screen was out of calibration?

It would explain why the screen responded with a beep to confirm a press but not do anything because the press did not line up with a button.

cramer, Oct 25, 2007
  6. wanricky

wanricky

Hmm, it is interesting to know that the problem is unusual. Since I have taught my client how to reset the C-Touch in similar case, maybe I need to get more information from them in my next regular visit.

With the calibration issue, I may pay more attention to that as well. But normally the system would not correct itself after reset or reboot if it is calibration problem, unless it is hardware problem.

But I think the first thing for me to do is to learn more about using functions like Schedule to reset; logging..etc.

wanricky, Oct 25, 2007
Ask a Question