Coding Question

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by T666, Aug 4, 2004.

1. T666

T666

Sup.
    This is my first question:|

In a bathroom i have a 2 button keyinput.
    Button 1 turns the light on/off/dims.
    Button 2 turns the fan on/off

how do i code the fan button, so it can be turned on with 1 press, turned off 10 minutes later (timer function) with a second press, OR turned off immediately if the button is held down?
    Is that possible?

This way the fan can be controled to be turned on, turned off in 10 minutes(timer) or turned off immediately all from one button? Or am i gona need an extra button for this?

Any tips apreciated :cool:

T666, Aug 4, 2004
  2. T666

Newman

Hmm, tricky.

For the key that you want to control the Fan select it to be a timer key. Then select the timer type to be a RETRIGGER timer in lieu of the default TOGGLE timer. The set your timeout interval.

This should give you the functionality you're looking for except that the 10 minute timer will always be running when the fan is turned On.

Newman, Aug 4, 2004
  3. T666

[IL]NewGen

I'd rather play around with it in H-Minder... I'd might give you a little more functionality with the logic...

[IL]NewGen, Aug 4, 2004
  4. T666

Wonkey

suggest how about toggling the load with a short press and starting the timer with the long press
    set it up as follows
    Short press IDLE
    Short TOGGLE
    Long press ONKEY
    Long release START
    remember to set the timer and expiry function

Wonkey, Aug 4, 2004
  5. T666

T666

thanks doods ill sus all this out.
    I cant test it for couple more days tho cuz I goto chase couple more walls before the renderers show up, i just posted the question becasue i just joined up and was thinking about that question.
    ill check out homeminder also, but i read in that forum something about its not going to be a continued product or somthing?
    I have about 20 Cbus2 NEO keyinputs and dimmers/relays etc.
    I will be ready to instal all the stuff like in 2 weeks, cuz the house is almost ready to be wired now. So ill have heaps o questions soon :D
    I got some logic questions to do with similar type deals ill post them once i got the system more setup so i can test it all out.
    :)

T666, Aug 4, 2004
Ask a Question