CNI with C-Touch B+W

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Andrew.HTE, May 25, 2018.

1. Andrew.HTE

Andrew.HTE

Hi

I need to integrate Control 4 with C-Bus. The C Bus system is 12 years old and has an original C-Touch (IR at top) connected via Ethernet cable apparently. What I need to know is can I add a CNI to this system alongside the C-Touch so that C4 can talk to it?

My digging shows I cannot do this with the colour C-Touch but it is unclear with the B+W versions...

Andrew.HTE, May 25, 2018
  2. Andrew.HTE

jboer

Hi Andrew, The B&W screen is just native C-Bus, even though someone may have run standard Cat5e to it, it will just be C-Bus. As long as your C4 system has the C-Bus software module all you need to do is get your C-Bus addressing and then connect the CNI into your C-Bus system, the C4 gear will talk via the CNI, you dont need to touch the screen.

jboer, May 25, 2018
  3. Andrew.HTE

Andrew.HTE

Great thanks for that. The client wants to leave the touch screen there so that's fine, I grab the addressing, install the CNI and all should be good... (in theory :) ) !

Andrew.HTE, May 25, 2018
Ask a Question