CNI reboot

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Mr Mark, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

Hello all.

I'm having a problem with older style CNI's (with the Lantronix cards) needing a reboot every now and then to allow a connection. Generally on remote sites we allow a relay channel and let the home owner to turn them off when not required. At home here, I pull up the web page and use the 'Update Settings' button to reboot the device.

I'm developing a device to talk to C-Bus via a CNI and am sometimes having trouble when the connection is not closed gracefully ie: unplugged or power drops out. All part of the worst case scenario testing...

Is there magic string I can send through to reboot?
    Mark

Mr Mark, Aug 6, 2012
  2. Mr Mark

ashleigh Moderator

After a non-graceful disconnection, the CNI *should* open up for reconnection within about 5 minutes.

If this is NOT happening, please use the web page of the CNI to enable TCP keep-alives, and set the interval to 60 seconds (or thereabouts).

The CNI uses about 5 failed keep-alive periods before it will close the connection.

There are no simple magic strings to force a reboot. (OK: technical detail for the nit pickers, such things do exist however they reconfigure the device at the same time, this is not something you want to do!!!)

ashleigh, Aug 7, 2012
  3. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

Thanks Ashleigh.

I've changed the TCP keep alive interval from 45 to 60 seconds and upgraded the firmware (Lantronix side) to version 5.8 and so far all looks good.

Regards,

Mark

Mr Mark, Aug 7, 2012
Ask a Question