Clr touch screen DVR monitoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Capt'n, Jan 31, 2006.

1. The Capt'n

The Capt'n

i have just been reading the thread about networked cameras. i have a installation with a colour touch screen and the cctv system uses a PC based DVR system. is it possible to use a page on the cts to view the DVR output.
    Regards
    Lyndon

The Capt'n, Jan 31, 2006
  2. The Capt'n

ashleigh Moderator

That depends on who manufactures it, and how the software displays the images.

More info needed.

ashleigh, Jan 31, 2006
  3. The Capt'n

The Capt'n

Hi Ashleigh
    the facility to view the cctv system over the CTS would be a big selling point especialy seeing that the hardware for the CCTV system has not been supplied by the nominated contractor at this stage. i think i will be able to specify a brand\model to enable this function.
    could you please advise me.
    Regards
    Lyndon

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2006
    The Capt'n, Feb 1, 2006
  4. The Capt'n

ashleigh Moderator

I hope we will be able to have a web cam in the Clipsal range to that it "just works".

Right now, don't promise anything to anyone. It's all very painful and no guarantee of anything.

ashleigh, Feb 2, 2006
  5. The Capt'n

The Capt'n

oh

thanks for the comments ash but that does not help.
    is this possible or just too hard at this stage.
    Regards
    Lyndon

The Capt'n, Feb 3, 2006
  6. The Capt'n

ashleigh Moderator

Sorry - misunderstood.

so... you are using a PC to suck in images from "stuff" - cameras, or whatever.

The PC SERVES a web page to any browser that is interested...

In that case, when the next CTC firmware comes out you *should* be able to use the web URL component on a page, to browse to that PC's served up images page.

But... it will only be a static image (a snapshot). Unless you manage to get the HTML code to do a magical periodic update (like once per second or something like that). Even then, i'm only guessing that this will work properly in a URL component.

ANYTHING AT ALL that displays full-motion video uses either Java or ActiveX components (or a cusom-written program). These components are the root cause of all my pain and suffering.

So, in summary, your suggestion is likely to work if you want to get a single snapshot. It won't magically give full-motion video.

ashleigh, Feb 4, 2006
  7. The Capt'n

RossW

Bzzzt. Wrong.

You can achieve it with server "push" of multiframe jpeg (mpeg), and most browsers will render it correctly as real-time video without any custom code, or java or active-x installed/enabled. Can be a bit of a bandwidth hog though. (I usually restrict bandwidth at the sending (server) end).

What I'm sure you meant to say was all of the methods you've looked at used java or active-x.

If you'd said all the PTZ cameras you'd looked at required active-x or java for the CONTROL, I'd have let it ride (although it's still wrong!)

RossW

RossW, Feb 4, 2006
  8. The Capt'n

ashleigh Moderator

OK. Happy to bow to greater knowledge.

Still does not change the fact that every camera does it differently, so a universal solution that "just works" is not easy.

ashleigh, Feb 4, 2006
Ask a Question