Clipsal / VComm IR solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tobex, May 10, 2008.

1. tobex

tobex

I recently had a pleasant experience with the latest range of Clipsal Infra-Red products. Notably I have always been a Channel Plus fan since way-back.

I decided to give the new product range a go and I like the result. The client already had structured cabling in the house and I was able to install the amplifier and targets within 2 hours, an upgrade from the old splitter based system.

One of the very nice results was with the modulator.

Since the splitter / amplifier can be powered directly or through the optional modulator I was able to use the modulator to power the system. The very neat solution was that the modulator was actually in the entertainment room not in the wiring closet. This is another good reason to double cable all of the TV points where other appliances reside.

With the one system installed I can now control the PayTV box under the amplifier in the wiring area and also the TVR and DVD in the entertainment area and share all of those.

I will use the product again. It represents value for money.

tobex, May 10, 2008
Ask a Question