Clipsal Homesafe 5400

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by polerz, Jul 10, 2006.

1. polerz

polerz

Hi, I've just installed/wired up the clipsal homesafe 5400 system, with 4 detectors and the remote receiver/controller addon.

It was all working great, until I tried to program the remote to arm/disarm the unit. I successfully programmed the master key and dialer first up. After I played around with the remote programming (as I didn't understand the manual content too clearly), I pressed the remote's off button.

This caused monitor mode to come on, and now it stays on. I cant arm the unit, I cant get into programming mode by using the keypad (I can however get in by disabling the jumper on the board), I cant do anything. I've tried restoring every default possible that the manual states, and it still wont let me get out. I've even reset the master key back to the default "123" pattern, and the security key back to "000000". The only thing I can do is hit panic on the keypad, and then disarm it by entering in the master key and then the letter E.

Monitor mode is the only thing displayed on the LCD screen, and sometimes the alarm memory icon. I know for the unit to be ready for arming, the "READY" icon must be displayed and it's not. However, the not ready LED near the display, is not flashing, so I have no idea what its trying to do.

Why is my keypad locked in monitor mode? How do I get out of it, so I can arm the unit and get back to trying to get this remote working.

Thanks

polerz, Jul 10, 2006
  2. polerz

cramer

Defaulting Homesafe

Polerz,

When you restored the defaults, did you use P95E - P98E in installer mode?

Or did you individually go through each setting you changed and reset it to the default?

If you did each one individually it is possible something may have been missed, whereas P95E -P98E won't miss anything.

Also in the manual there is a programming example on how to program a remote, if you follow it to the letter, you should enable the remote without any trouble.

cramer, Jul 10, 2006
  3. polerz

polerz

Thank you for the reply.

That is precisely what I did. The next option P99E I believe is to change the security code (which I also did numerous times). I apologise, as I am installing this system in a friends house, and the manual isn't here. But I'm 100% positive I went through the 4 programming options to restore factory defaults.

Before this all went haywire, I did notice the example on how to program the remote, but I couldn't get it to arm. I ended up getting to a point where the remote on button would set monitor mode on, and the remote off button would turn it off.

I then managed some how to turn it on with the remote, and now I cant get it off! And I cant do anything (apart from manually changing the jumper in the main unit, to get into programming mode).

Any other ideas?

polerz, Jul 11, 2006
  4. polerz

cramer

Polerz,

Seems odd that P95E - P98E didn't set everything back to default, as it's the only way to do it. Try putting the panel into installer mode again using the program tamper (J1), and default it using P95E etc. Then reset the installer code P99E to "000000" as well, although I've never experienced the default not working before, it may be possible fiddling with the installer code too much could cause a problem with the process.

Next, had a bit of a look in the "Programming Option Summary" in the manual for you, and saw that the option that's causing you trouble is P69E,5E. This is the "Radio Key Monitor Arm", as default this is set to the off position so the factory default should have reset it, but as you said it's not defaulting, so once your in programming mode try disabling it.

Here's a link to the installer guide on the cis website

http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/__data/page/2034/5400_Install.pdf

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
    cramer, Jul 11, 2006
Ask a Question