Clipsal C-Bus2 Dimmer is dead - solution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msavager, Feb 4, 2022.

1. msavager

msavager

Hi all,

I found this forum trying to diagnose a C-Bus 2 dimmer which appears to be non-responsive after a recent blackout. I just bought this house recently and don't really understand C-Bus.

I flicked the circuit breaker on and off a few times, the top and bottom units work but the middle on just flashes green for a split second then goes to this dark/faint red look.

Any ideas? Might just be a power supply module or something? If it's dead what are my options to retrofit this system with something more modern - it's a 16 year old system which annoys me because I can't customise scenes or make any adjustments.

Also any recommendations for C-Bus technicians in Brisbane?

Matt

IMG_3221.jpg

msavager, Feb 4, 2022
  2. msavager

DarylMc

Hello Matt
    The two LED's on the left of the unit can be used to diagnose faults.
    Since both LED's are off it is either a loss of 240v power supply to the unit or a faulty unit.
    If the unit is faulty and needs to be replaced it will then also need to be programmed before it will operate.
    Even though the system is old it is still a solid hardware setup to add some more modern features.
    The introduction of LED lighting has made dimming more complicated than it used to be.
    It would be well worth finding someone with some CBus experience to go through what it is you want the house to do.
    Do a web search and if you can't find anyone post back here and someone else or myself can try find a contact.

DarylMc, Feb 4, 2022
Ask a Question