Clipsal / C-Bus in North Amerrica (USA)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by industeq, Feb 20, 2009.

1. industeq

industeq

In question on why the USA has a limited amount of Clipsal products.
    I am very new to Clipsal and just learning what is what.
    Being a long time user of Square D brand products and do know all is under the parent umbrella of Schneider Electric.

Since I downloaded the latest C-bus Toolkit to my amusement the USA market has only about 1/3 of Clipsal products available worldwide.

Is this because of the required UL listing here in the states or the 220VAC overseas instead of the USA 110VAC or a combination of both.

Thanks
    Alan

industeq, Feb 20, 2009
  2. industeq

ashleigh Moderator

Hi Alan

The answers are:
    - UL testing takes a long time... moving the products through is slow going but it's getting there

- Some of the products are 220/240V only (though not many)

- And most importantly, the sales and commercial people decide which products they want to sell in a country - and then those are available but not the rest.

Taking a specific example: C-Bus Wireless has a lot of products in the catalog. The nature of the products is that these are only for 220/240V markets. In some cases, those products are even country specific. (For example, there is a product only for South Africa). USA versions of those products are coming, however you will continue to see the rest-of-the-world products as well.

ashleigh, Feb 21, 2009
Ask a Question