Clipsal C-Bus Digital Temperature Module (5104DTSI)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Hollywoodperth, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Hollywoodperth

Hollywoodperth

Has any one used the 4 temperature module 5104DTSI?

I looks like the temp sensor probes go into this module and then it goes straight out onto the c-bus network.

I was of the understanding that the c-bus network is a loop-in loop-out network with a burden at the last device. There is only a connection point for a single c-bus cable?? How does this work?

Hollywoodperth, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Hollywoodperth

jboer

If you have a good read of the general hardware installation manual that I linked in your original post it will probably help you answer a lot of your questions.

A C-Bus network can be chain or star topology, a burden is not a terminator, it is just used if you need more impedance on the network overall.

A lot of C-Bus devices have single termination, pretty much all wall stations (wall buttons), bus couplers ect. You just need to strip and twist your wires together if you have more than one C-Bus cable at those locations.

jboer, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Hollywoodperth

Matthew

Yes they are a great little addition to a C-Bus network.
    Yes pretty much like a bus coupler, Aux input, etc.
    No it's not. maybe you are thinking of / comparing it to an RS485 style (eg DMX) network. C-Bus is more flexible physically as Jboer mentions.

Matthew, Oct 15, 2018
Ask a Question