Clipsal and NF3000G3C Controller

Discussion in 'Standard Products' started by absenn, May 22, 2012.

1. absenn

absenn

All,

I am very new to Powerlink/Clipsal/Powerlogic. I have been tasked to answer what I thought would be a very easy question but so far no one seems to be able to give me a definitive answer.

We have a customer with a Powerlink panel with a NF3000G3C controller. This controller has a Clipsal port.

My question is simple...Can you control dimming levels via MODBUS registers in the NF3000G3C Controller? If so, can you give me an example? If not, can you tell me why there is a Clipsal port on this controller?

absenn, May 22, 2012
  2. absenn

Matthew

Unknown products

Hi absenn
    It would appear from the silence that no one here knows about the products either. I searched the Australian database to no avail. Can you provide a web link or further detail and we can try and help.

You may have already sourced an answer by now, if so please share it with us for our interest.

Cheers

Matthew, Jun 19, 2012
  3. absenn

ashleigh Moderator

The powerlink controller allows using the (USA) powerlink breaker system and controlling the circuits using Clipsal / Square D switches. You can also add Clipsal / Square D dimmers, etc, to the C-Bus part.

As far as I know, Powerlink does not play in the land of modbus at all - I'm happy to be corrected on this point, though. If powerlink DOES control modbus things, then powerlink may or may not perform the translation from the clipsal side. You'd need to contact Square D technical support.

ashleigh, Jun 19, 2012
  4. absenn

DonB

Will request input from Powerlink Guys in US

Absenn,
    We are redirecting your quesition so we can get the right people to look at your request.

DonB, Jun 22, 2012
  5. absenn

DonB

Further Info and Contact

19 Jun 12 01:59 PM

To expand a little further to Ashleigh's reply I have been informed that The NF3000C controller does communicate over modbus, but the current modbus register will only allow the inputs to be turned on or off which will not give true dimming capability to Cbus groups. However we can send out a preset level once the modbus register is turned on or off and there are plans to expand on this capability.

For further information please call tech support in US. 1-888-squared or 615-287-3400.

DonB, Jun 25, 2012
Ask a Question