clearing out all programming from existing hardware

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Neil C, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Neil C

Neil C

Hi all

Can anybody tell me the quickest way of cleaning up equipment which has been previously used. That is, getting rid if scenes and labels that may be embedded into the hardware, so that I can start again from scratch?

Thanks
    Neil C

Neil C, Oct 24, 2007
  2. Neil C

NickD Moderator

If you create a new toolkit database, and add the units in at their correct unit addresses, the database will have the defaults. If you then transfer all these to the network, your network should match. Also saves you doing an unravel (assuming there are no unit address conflicts already on the network).

Nick

NickD, Oct 24, 2007
  3. Neil C

Mark

Alternatively, you can use the "Reset Unit" button in the Toolkit UI. The easiest way to do this would be to scan the network into your DB, open the UI for each unit you want to reset and hit the Reset Unit button, then transfer the DB back to the network.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark, Oct 24, 2007
  4. Neil C

Neil C

I have tried using the reset facility, but it didn?t seem to work. However, what I have not done is then transferred the data from the database back to the network. Does this have to be done to complete the reset of each unit?

What I do have is a test kit which I use to try things out on. Would it perhaps be better to install each unit I want to reset into my test kit, and then do then do a reset. Maybe the fact the project to which each unit is installed (my test kit) won?t be recognised, and so hopefully the data will be removed from the hardware which I am trying to reset.

Neil C, Oct 25, 2007
  5. Neil C

Newman

Note: For DLT labels you actually need to open up the UI for the unit, go to the Status tab and click the button "Clear Labels". All other parameters of the unit are reset to the factory defaults when you press the "Reset Unit" button.

Can you give a bit more information regarding "I have tried using the reset facility, but it didn?t seem to work" when you tried to clear the unit programming? What units did not have their programming information reset?

Newman, Oct 25, 2007
Ask a Question